Ep. 2 For the Lust of God – Olivia’s Story – Dr. D’s Social Network
- Ep. 2 For the Lust of God – Olivia’s Story
- Ep. 6 Decoding Diet Culture (Season 2) – Paleo
- Arbiters of Bad Taste – God, Aliens and Something in Between
- 487. Rangarajan Padmanabhan – Psychedelics, Patriarchal Culture in India and Creating a Space for Self-Empowerment
- 486. Maija Russell – Discovering The Power of Self-Love: Exploring Universal Trauma and Consciousness-Raising In The Age Of The Internet
Ethan is a brand strategist and marketing expert who has spent 15 years doing award-winning brand strategy, advertising, and market research for some of the world’s biggest brands.
A scientist by training but a marketer by trade, he’s like the missing link, but between science and creativity.
His career includes roles as Insight Manager at Radar Research, Planning Director at 72andSunny, Group Strategy Director at Crispin Porter Bogusky, and Vice President of Insight & Strategy at the Integer Group.
He’s done ethnographies in Tokyo and statistics in Matlab. He’s developed promotions scorecards and shopper marketing design principles. He’s helped launch razors and position new lines of women’s clothes. And he’s presented on the science of marketing internationally, including SXSW and TED.
Ethan’s first life was studying urban ecology. He earned a PhD at the University of New Mexico under a National Science Foundation grant for complexity theory in biology.
He studied human evolution and urban metabolism, and he used computational models to explore patterns of urbanization. His papers continue to be cited today.
Only his friends call him Doctor Decker.
And only in jest.
Ethan on LinkedIN: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ehdecker/
TEDxSMU, Dallas, 2015
Sanoma Get Tomorrow, Helsinki, 2016
UBX18, Munich, 2018